The Chronicles of Travelling Steve

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Spring has sprung and so must we

With a week of temperatures hovering above zero and the last few days hitting double digits on occasion, I'm calling it. Spring is here. Snow mould is in the air (hear me sneeze) the rubbish that was thrown into snowdrifts is making its festy appearance known and our snowman has finally breathed his last smoky breath. Here is old Frosty a few days ago.


Melted Frosty

It's all much better than that of course! I'm able to walk to work now which is helping ease away some of the winter buildup and allowing me to capture some of the interesting buildings and things to and from work. And it's no longer quite the same rigmarole getting ready to leave the house, trying to find scarves, gloves, a beanie, a warmer coat, pulling on warm shoes etc. And best of all, I'm not going to be quite so upset about all the good skiing I've missed out on and the cabin at the lake is about to be reopened for the season. All good stuff. It's nice to feel a bit of warmth in the sun again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home